Wednesday, October 26, 2016

RAPV Shares Single-Family Home Sales Increase


The REALTOR® Association of Pioneer Valley just released single-family home sales information for September 2016.

As this report indicates, September single-family home sales in the Pioneer Valley were up 3.6 percent compared to the same time last year and median price rose 2.2 percent to $201,000.

Here is information by County:

Franklin County
  • Sales down 6.7 percent
  • Median price up 7.5 percent to $192,500


Hampden County
  • Sales up 12.5 percent
  • Median price up 4.5 percent to $187,875


Hampshire County
  • Sales down 11.6 percent
  • Median price down 9.4 percent to $240.000

The problem we continue to have in the Pioneer Valley--which follows national trends--is not enough homes on the market. Inventory fell 32.4 percent compared to the same time last year. Good news is that the average days on market dropped 17.7% from 101 days in September 2015 to 83 days in September 2016--so buyers are out there and they are investing in homes they see value in. Pending homes sales--those properties listed as under agreement--are up 22.5 percent over last year (598 units this year as compared to 488 last year.)



Looking to buy or sell? Call me at 413-575-5751. I'm passionate about helping people and specialize in working with first-time home buyers and active and retired military. I  have my Military Relocation Professional (MRP) designation. While I work throughout the Pioneer Valley, my focus remains in Chicopee (where I lived for 32 years), my hometown of Wilbraham, Springfield, Belchertown, Ludlow and Palmer.

I am never too busy for your referrals.

No comments:

Post a Comment