Friday, January 16, 2015

The Friday 56 - Week 210

Welcome to Week 210!

Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader
*Find any sentence, (or few, just don't spoil it) that grab you.
*Post it.
*Add your (url) post to the Linky at Freda's Voice. Add the post url, not your blog url. It's that simple.

I had to share this passage because I certainly wasn't expecting to find it.

As soon as someone entered the restroom, I rattled harder.

"Hey, are you okay in there?" the voice responded.

"Yeah, I'm fine. But my door's jammed."

"Oh, dear, I'll see if I can help." She sounded like an older woman, but I'd take help at any age. Together we pushed, pulled, rattled, and strained.

"Honey, this baby ins't going nowhere," she exclaimed.

I became indignant. "Well, if the door isn't going to budge, I'm coming under!" Without hesitating, I dropped to the floor and stuck my legs under the door.

She gasped. "Ma'am? You're in a cast."


8 comments:

  1. Great teases. Now I'm wondering why in the world she has a cast on. I can picture her, crawling under the door. Have you every had to do that? ^_^

    sherry @ fundinmental My TT ~ Dunosaurs Eat Paris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great offering. There must be a huge gap under the door, or, I'm thinking - perhaps she's a ghost?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very interesting snippets. I guess if you can't climb over it, one has to go under to escape the jammed bathroom stall! Nice #56!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm really intrigued by this one and I love the touch of humor. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's got to be one of the most uncomfortable situations, having to crawl out from under a bathroom stall.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, what a rotten situation to be in but I'm curious about the book now. What is going on?

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many questions raised.... sounds like a great read.
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This one sounds fun already. I've had to go under the door before, but not with a cast on. LOL
    My 56 - http://fuonlyknew.com/2015/01/16/the-friday-56-48-my-favorite-corpse-a-skullduggery-inn-cozy-mystery/

    ReplyDelete