One thing my doctor mentioned was adding flax to my diet. So, on a recent shopping trip I bought Good Grains by Carrington Farms® Flax Chia Blend. Since I was already cooking for the World War I Cooking Contest this weekend, I decided to try the recipe on the back of the bag for Flax Chia Garlic Parmesan Crackers, especially since I had all the ingredients on hand.
Flax Chia Garlic Parmesan Crackers
1 Cup Good Grains Flax Chia Blend
1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup water
Heat oven to 400 degrees.
1. Mix all ingredients together.
2. Spoon onto a sheet pan which is covered with greased parchment paper.
3. Cover mixture on baking sheet with waxed paper and even out to approximately 1/8". Use a rolling pin.
Make sure thickness is even around the out edges or that part will over cook. Remove wax paper and even out as necessary.
4. Bake 15-18 minutes until center is no longer soft. Once edges begin to brown remove from heat. Let cool.
5. Once it is cool and crisp break into pieces.
I wish I could say I enjoyed these, but I can't. I didn't like the flavor or the texture. Even with a slice of cheddar cheese on top they weren't my favorite--though much better than eating plain.
The company's website offers a variety of recipes, so I am going to try again to see if I can find something I enjoy. If you cook with flax, I would appreciate any pointers you have.